Thursday, January 10, 2008

JOKE

I have a joke about dogs.

My father once called for a van, and the man driving it never showed up. A dog did, though. The dog was driving the van!

Beep beep!

-------------------

Here is another one.

Three dogs walked through the zoo, and got precisely hungry. They ate each cat in the zoo in just such a manner (precise). This was because dogs and cats traditionally do not get along.

One of the cats said, "Why are you dogs eating myself and all my feline friends?"

In unison, the dogs said, "We must eat something, and we have made friends with the rest of the animals. As we go about our merry way, we have found that only you felines seem like a distinctly appetising meal."
(I spelled appetizing with an "s" because these are British dogs, so please don't write me about the mistake.)

The dogs then paused, and thought over their eating habits. While they did this, the cat said, "Have you discovered your purpose in life?"

In unison, the dogs said, "No, we have not, but we do not feel as though we should be eating one such as you, who has made such good company for us."

The cat's eyes glimmered deviously. "Come into my cage," the cat said.

"We shall," the dogs said.

The cat locked the door, right after the dogs entered, and ate them with four big gulps.

I guess that was more of a story than a joke. My dad told me that one, too. He said it was an allegory, which I thought was a funny word for a limerick at the time, but I was just a dumb little kid! I now know that "allegory" means "something that is very alike to another thing."

-----------------------

Why did the Jack Russell Terrier cross the road?

We don't do "cross the road" jokes here!

That was a little bit of what is called "anti-humor," so you don't have to bother looking it up.

---------

Thank you for your time.

No comments: